For people who are adventurous and love great food while enjoying with family need to get the best portable charcoal grill for themselves. You might be wondering why it has to be a charcoal grill. That is because in open places you will not get access to electricity, gas, or any other kind of fuel.
However, you can carry a bag of charcoal with you, that you can burn and ruin your grill for preparing food. Hence, we have listed down some portable charcoal grills that have unique features to serve and can prepare juicy grills, BBQs, and burgers.
- Weber Smokey Joe 14” Grill:
Weber Smokey Joe 14” Grill lets you throw lunch parties anytime and anywhere. Be it at a picnic spot, a camp, or just at the backyard of your house you can enjoy juicy meat, delicious BBQs, and smoky grills. The grill is lightweight so you can carry it along with you to your preferred destinations. To add more, you can use the handle to hold on to and to carry it around with ease.
The exterior of the grill and the lid is coated with porcelain enamel. The enamel does a great job of heat retention for even distribution to cook food deliciously. Even if you run the grill at high temperatures you can stay assured that the enamel will not start peeling off or get rusted. Dampers of the grill can help you control the internal temperature according to your preference.
Comes with a 14-inch cooking surface that lets you cook 5 burgers at once. If you get confused about how to assemble this grill, then you can take the help of the free BILT app. The app will guide you with the 3D instructions that it plays.
- Lightweight design makes it easily portable.
- Comes with a handle to hold on for moving it around easily.
- Dampers included that let you regulate the temperature.
- Easy to assemble.
- The grill takes time to light up.
- Lodge Cast-Iron Sportsman Grill:
Lodge Cast-Iron Sportsman Grill comes with a unique flip-down door that lets you fill it with charcoal. You can prepare smoky grills and juicy BBQs. The grill is designed to have great heat retention for less consumption of charcoal.
It is constructed using cast iron for durability. The top cooking surface is spacious enough to cook food for 6 to 7 people at once. The cooking surface has a sliding mechanism that lets users enhance airflow for the regulation of temperature. You can cook meals according to your preference by controlling the temperature.
Food releases from the cast-iron surface easily. no chance of food getting burned or overcooked due to food sticking to its surface. That is because the cooking surface comes pre-seasoned. Even heat distribution on the cooking surface ensures that food does not get overcooked and burned on any side.
- Small in dimensions so does not take up much storage space.
- Great heat retention and consumes less amount of charcoal
- Comes with an easy to access charcoal compartment, with a door.
- Very versatile as you can use it for grilling, tailgating, and preparing BBQ.
- The cooking surface is made up of pre-seasoned cast iron. For cleaning the surface, you can only use a mild amount of soap and your hands.
- Char-Griller Charcoal Grill and Fire Box:
Char-Griller Box is loved for how you can use it as a tabletop grill and a Texas-style horizontal smoker. It is meant to last a user for a very long time with its durable steel construction. The top cooking grate is made up of cast iron that is 250 square inches in size. On that large cooking surface area, you can cook food for up to 8 to 10 persons at once. Throw parties and delicious lunches together whenever you want.
This grill comes with a hood to conserve heat for food to get completely cooked. Monitoring food is easy and safe as the hood comes along with a stay-cool handle. So there is no risk of your hands getting burned.
For running the grill, you will need charcoal, and that requires you to have easy access to fueling the grill with charcoal. A sliding drawer is included that lets you fill it in with charcoals. Then all the ashes formed will be collected in an ash pan that can be easily removed. Ashpan ensures that there is no mess created or and to prevent the environment from getting polluted.
- Comes with two dampers for controlling temperature.
- Very durable construction as it is made up of heavy steel.
- Removable ash collecting pan.
- Large cooking space that lets users prepare food for 6 to 7 people at once.
- The griller is made up of heavy steel so it is not lightweight enough to be carried easily.
- Fox Quick Folding Grill:
Fox Quick Folding Grill is indeed a unique one as it has a foldable design that makes it easy to carry along and it takes very less storage space. It is constructed using stainless steel material so that it can be easily cleaned and it has increased durability. Furthermore, the exterior of the grill is abrasion-resistant. So you don’t need to worry about your grill getting scratched or worn out with an increasing number of days.
To ensure that you always have heat to cook food without disturbance on a windy day, the funnel-shaped grill has a funnel-shaped design. The design gives it the capability of being resistant to the wind for proper and efficient heat distribution. The grill consists of airflow holes and mortarboards that let you keep the charcoal and the ashes separated. This helps in ensuring that charcoal is burned efficiently.
The bag comes with a carrying bag included where you can keep all of the things inside it for taking it along with you, to your favorite place with ease. Furthermore, the assembling and disassembling the entire grill takes only 1 minute because of how lightweight it is. You will not need to spend much time behind trying to clean everything.
- Comes with an ash catcher that is completely mess-free.
- Spacious and large cooking surface.
- Energy-saving grill that does not require you to use any kind of electricity, chemical or gas.
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble for easy cleanup.
- The cooking surface is not spacious enough to prepare food for more than 4 to 5 people at once.
- Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Grill:
Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Grill provides you a large cooking surface that lets you cook food for 6 to 7 people at once. The size of the cooking area is 153 square inches and consists of cast-iron grates that do not let the food to stick to its surface. So there is no risk of food getting burned or overcooked.
The exterior of the kamado grill is insulated, so heat conserved. This ensures that less amount of charcoal is burnt to make your experience cost-effective. The exterior is made up of 22-gauge steel to ensure strength and durability. The grill is available in two attractive colors to choose from that are black and red.
Comes with a lid to use for covering food. This helps you to speed up your cooking and to cook food evenly. The handle present on the lid lets you have easy access to food monitoring. The top and bottom damper present let you regulate the temperature according to your preference. You can set your temperature starting from 200 till 450 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Comes with an ash collecting pan that is easy to clean.
- The exterior is insulated for conserving charcoal and for the great distribution of heat.
- Comes with a stay-cool handle to hold on while monitoring food.
- Cast iron grate ensures easy release of food from its cooking surface.
- The paint can come off from the exterior over time because of high heat.
To sum up, we hope you found out the best portable charcoal amongst the ones listed above. You will surely enjoy your camping experience and the time you spend at your favorite picnic spot with good food that you prepare using the grill. So don’t wait any longer set out for spending quality time with your family by getting a portable charcoal grill today!